Do you know those people that can’t help but turn each bite of pasta into a garlic bread sandwich? In their honor, we decided to combine the two.
YIELD 10–12 slices
ZEST FACTOR Mild
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
1 (11-ounce) package French loaf dough
Flour for dusting
1½ cups leftover sloppy joe pasta (recipe here)
½ cup shredded cheddar
1 egg, whisked
Red pepper flakes to taste
Dried parsley to taste
Garlic powder to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Roll the dough into a ball on a work surface dusted with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangular shape.
3. Place the pasta in the center, leaving some room at the ends, then top with the cheese.
4. Cut 8 slits on the longer sides of the dough. Fold the ends in, then braid the dough toward the center, overlapping the ends.
5. Place the loaf on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle on the spices. Bake for 26–30 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.