Prep and bake these bites ahead of time for a quick-and-easy weekday breakfast. Simply pop in the microwave or toaster oven and go!
YIELD 3 dozen
ZEST FACTOR Medium
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 30–35 minutes
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 (16-ounce) package hot ground sausage, cooked and drained
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ onion, minced
2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
2 cups of your favorite shredded spicy cheddar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the butter, using your hands to combine it, until the mixture reaches a crumbly consistency.
3. Add the sausage, cream cheese, onions and jalapeños. Combine by hand until the flour mixture is completely incorporated into the sausage.
4. Add the cheese and mix well.
5. Roll the mixture into balls, about 2 tablespoons each.
6. Arrange on the baking sheet and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
Get more recipes like this in our April 2017 issue, available in print and through Magzter!