This bake has the traditional flavors of eggs Benedict, but we opted for flaky biscuits and added asparagus, which pair so beautifully with our smoky hollandaise sauce. If you’re in charge of brunch or Christmas morning breakfast, this is about to be your go-to dish for those occasions.
YIELD 8–10 servings
ZEST FACTOR Mild
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 50 minutes
For the casserole:
1 (16-ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
1 (6-ounce) package Canadian bacon, chopped
8 asparagus spears, chopped
2 cups milk
½ shallot, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
1 (.9-ounce) packet Hollandaise sauce
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1/8 teaspoon hot paprika
Chives for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Make the casserole: Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces and place in a casserole dish. Scatter the Canadian bacon and asparagus on top.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, shallots, salt and pepper. Pour into the casserole dish and bake for 45–50 minutes. (Note: You may need to cover the top with foil to prevent the biscuits from burning.)
4. Make the sauce: Cook the sauce per packet instructions, adding the paprika.
5. Serve the sauce on the side or drizzle over the casserole and garnish with chives.
Get more recipes like this in our April 2017 issue, available in print and through Magzter!