These fun appetizers are a take on an old favorite: jalapeño poppers.
YIELD 6–8 servings
PREP TIME 25 minutes
ZEST FACTOR Medium
COOK TIME 7 minutes
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
5 jalapeños, seeded and diced
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound squid bodies, cleaned
olive oil for brushing
lemon for serving
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the bacon, jalapeños, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Stuff each squid with 1 tablespoon popper mixture. Brush with olive oil.
4. Grill the squid poppers for 5–7 minutes, turning frequently.
5. Serve warm with a squeeze of lemon.
Get more recipes like this in our June 2017 issue, available in print and through Magzter!