Savory, tangy, spicy and simple. To keep this recipe quick to prepare, we used a store-bought olive salad; ours contained a mixture of green and black olives, capers, pickled vegetables and a blend of herbs and spices.
YIELD 6 skewers
ZEST FACTOR Medium
PREP TIME 8 minutes
COOK TIME 7 minutes
For the sauce:
½ cup Italian olive salad (available at most grocery stores)
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
For the skewers:
10 ounces cubed habanero jack cheese
1 (3-ounce) package sliced peppered salami
12 serrano-stuffed green olives
½ pound pork shoulder, cut into chunks
1. Make the sauce: Puree all the ingredients in a jar with an immersion blender. Set aside in the fridge.
2. Make the skewers: Place 1 cheese cube in the center of each salami slice, wrap like a present and set aside.
3. Thread the olive, salami-wrapped cheese and 1 cube pork. Repeat the process until you’ve filled your skewers.
4. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes, rotating the skewers until the pork is fully cooked.
5. Serve hot with the sauce on the side or drizzled over the top.
Get more recipes like this in our June 2017 issue, available in print and through Magzter!