Crushed ramen noodles add an extra crunch to these tenders—similar to the ever-popular pretzel-crusted chicken. And because the ramen comes with a seasoning packet, you can add less of the other spices you’d normally add to the flour.
YIELD 4 servings
ZEST FACTOR Hot
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
Vegetable oil for frying
3 (2.25-ounce) packages spicy chicken noodle cups
1½ cups flour
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cayenne
2 eggs, beaten
2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1. Preheat the oil to 375°F in a high-walled pot.
2. Place the noodles in a blender and process until broken up into small crumbs. Transfer to a shallow dish and
3. Combine the flour, salt, garlic and cayenne in another shallow dish. Place the eggs in a third dish.
4. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the eggs and finally the ramen crumbs. Fry in batches until golden brown and cooked through, about 5–6 minutes.
5. Drain on a paper towel–lined tray and serve warm.