The way we’re piercing the shrimp and andouille together makes it look like they’re made for one another—they taste like it, too!
YIELD 6–8 servings
ZEST FACTOR Mild
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
1 teaspoon blackened seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 (12-ounce) link andouille sausage, sliced ¼-inch thick
½ teaspoon chopped thyme
½ teaspoon chopped oregano
1. Preheat the grill to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons melted butter, blackened seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Skewer the tail end of the shrimp with a slice of andouille, followed by the head of the shrimp to create shrimp/andouille medallions.
4. Grill for 10 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through, turning once halfway.
5. Meanwhile, combine the herbs and remaining butter in a small bowl. Brush the skewers hot off the grill with the butter and serve.