A spiced-to-the-max salsa verde teams up with roasted cherry tomatoes and corn to give this pasta dish a cool, smoky depth that finishes with bright and zesty notes. This will leave you wondering why you haven’t tried this before!
YIELD 6–8 servings
ZEST FACTOR Hot
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
1 red onion, quartered
6 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1½ cups frozen corn, thawed
8 cherry tomatoes
1 (12-ounce) package trottole pasta
1 bunch cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
2 limes, zested and juiced
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup crumbled Queso Fresco
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a mixing bowl, toss together the tomatillos, onions, peppers, garlic and 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange on the pan and roast for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the oven and flip the veggies. Add the tomatoes and corn. Roast for another 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
5. Place the roasted veggies in a food processor or blender along with the drippings from the pan. Add the cilantro, lime juice and zest, cumin, salt and remaining oil. Pulse to blend until thick and chunky. Adjust seasoning as needed.
6. Toss the pasta with the sauce. Serve garnished with the queso and cilantro.