This soup calls for lentil pasta, which looks and eats like regular pasta but has that lentil flavor to add heartiness and depth. Plus, it’s packed with protein for some serious staying power.
Yield 6–8 servings
Zest Factor Mild
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 tablespoons curry powder
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 cups vegetable broth
1 (12-ounce) package red lentil pasta
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15.5-ounce) can coconut milk
½ cup chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
1. Warm 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil in a pot over medium. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5–6 minutes.
2. Add the curry powder, pepper flakes and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the broth and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Add the pasta, reduce the heat slightly and cook for about 7–10 minutes, until the noodles are al dente.
4. Stir in the coconut milk and cilantro and simmer until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
5. Serve ladled in bowls, garnished with cilantro.